How to find Pitstop Clinic
The clinic operates out of:-
1st Floor, Equitable House
General Gordon Square
Nearest station is Woolwich Arsenal (DLR or Overland)
If you have problems finding us, use the map, on our main contact page, to find the building (and we've posted a couple of photos here to help you find the right entrance to Equitable House and show you where to go, once you are inside)
- Exit Woolwich Arsenal DLR or Overland Station and either walk across the street into General Gordon Square or leave the station turning left towards General Gordon Square (a very large open space with a massive TV screen on one end).
- Walk towards the TV screen at one end of General Gordon Square and take the Entrance into the Woolwich Equitable Building that is marked "Health Centre" that is very close to the TV screen. In the picture below, the correct entrance is shown with Yellow arrows.
- Once inside the building, go left through the glass doors and down some steps towards "Reception" on your right, following the signs for the "Equitable House Business Centre". If you are coming to METRO during normal office hours 9am - 5:30pm then you will get directions from reception to take the lift to the first floor or come up the four flights of stairs to the first floor on foot. Please sign in to our visitors book (for fire regulations) at "Reception" on the lower ground floor before you come up.
- If you are visiting us after 5:30pm (e.g. for the Pitstop Clinic or a late Bookatest appointment) please follow the undermentioned steps to get access to the Clinic:
(a) If you are unable to get through the glass doors, just as you walk into the building, by the Pharmacy, then please ring the button titled "METRO" on the podium on the left of the glass doors. Once we answer, please say you are here for METRO and we'll be able to let you through the glass doors.
(b) Please walk down the steps into the corridor to your right and past the "Reception" desk, which is likely to be closed, towards two white double-doors (on the right of Reception) where you will need to wait to be let in. Apologies, we do not have a remote door system there and we will need to come and let you in.
(c) Please press the METRO buzzer here (which is an Alarm symbol) to let us know you are waiting. This is a remote intercom, but again, we have no remote door release. The advantage of this buzzer is that we can at least see and hear you properly, which is not the case at the glass doors.
(d) Once through the large white security doors, please use the lift to get to the first floor, or use the stairs to come up the four flights of steps to the entrance to the Clinic.
Here are some photos to help you find us and gain access to our Clinic:-
- The picture below shows the correct entrance to Equitable House
- The picture below shows the buzzer and glass doors as you enter the building out of hours
- The picture below shows the stairs down towards the reception desk, following the signs for Equitable House Business Centre. There is a disabled lift, should you need it.
- Finally, the below photo shows the doors where you'll need to press the second buzzer (on the left of the doors) to gain entry when visiting us outside normal office hours.