News and Information
We believe the information on this page may be relevant or useful to you and we'll do our best to keep it updated and current. Please remember that if you need to get in touch with us, to ask a question or to get assistance, please email us or call us using the information provided on our Contact page.
7th September 2020
- Ordering problems affecting some of our service users have now been resolved. Anyone experiencing abnormal messages when trying to order Home STI Test Kits or Condoms should please contact us by email. Thank you for your patience during this short disruption to our service.
26th August 2020
- Due to unforeseen staff illness, our sexual health telephone helpline will only be open from 10am to 4pm for the rest of this week. We will resume normal opening hours of 10am to 6pm every weekday on Tuesday 1st September. As usual, our offices will be closed over the weekend and on the Bank Holiday: Monday 31st August. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
25th August 2020
- Our Lab informs us that they will be operational throughout the coming Summer Bank Holiday on 31st August, so kits returned will continue to be processed as normal.
14th August 2020
- Due to commissioning changes, Pitstop PLUS will no longer be able to provide a postal service to customers who live in the London Borough of Bexley after 30th September 2020. Services in the boroughs of Greenwich and Medway will remain unaffected. We are writing to all those who are affected by this change.
1st July 2020
- Anyone who completes and returns one of our Free Home STI Test kits, to our Lab, between 1st July and 30th September 2020, will automatically be enrolled into our Free Prize Draw to win £100 of Clonezone vouchers. Winner to be announced on 15th October. See our Offers page for further information.
23rd June 2020
- Problems affecting our registration system between 17th June and 22nd June (inclusive) have now been resolved. We are contacting individual members affected by this issue, to ensure that full functionality has been restored for them.
- If you believe you are inside our catchment area, have changed your address within the above period, remain unable to order and are getting an error about being out of area, please contact us by email.
2nd June 2020
- Pitstop Clinic (Appointments and Walk-in) remains closed at this time. If you have symptoms of a sexual infection, you can attend NHS services for treatment, by following their advice on contacting them, to be telephone triaged first and then given an appointment to attend. For signposting or assistance finding services please email us. If you don't have symptoms and live within the London Boroughs of Greenwich & Bexley, or in Medway, Kent, please order one of our Free Home STI Test kits.
- If you do not receive your orders within 14days, please contact us by email to let us know. Equally, if you return an STI kit and have not had a text after 7days, please email us.
4th May 2020
- Our Lab informs us that they will be operational throughout the coming V E Day Bank Holiday on 8th May, so kits returned will continue to be processed as normal.
29th April 2020
- Our parent, Metro Charity are running a short survey until 6th May, asking our service users about changes to the way we operate and ensuring that our services remain functional and accessible during the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. The survey is short and should only take a few minutes to complete. Please do give us your feedback, we really value your thoughts. To go to the survey, click Here
20th April 2020
- Please read our Helpful Hints and Advice on how to take a test before you submit your first samples to our Lab. Many people struggle with getting enough blood into the container and we have provided some useful tips here on how to improve the samples you take. If you do need us to send you another kit (and its within a month since you last ordered), please get in contact with us by email and we can arrange to post you out a new kit. If it's been over a month, you should be able to re-order a kit on our website.
- Please check your address is correct before you place your first order, or in the event that you may have moved since you last ordered from us, please check and update your address before you order. To do this, login and go to "My Account" and then "My Account" again and you'll be able to view and amend your address there.”
8th April 2020
- Pitstop Clinic (Appointments and Walk-in) are currently closed.
- Pitstop PLUS (online testing and condom/lube supply) services are currently operational.
Due to the ongoing impact of Coronavirus Covid-19, there may be some minor delays in getting supplies to you or with postal services to/from the Lab.
- Our Lab informs us that they will be operational throughout the Easter bank holidays, so kits returned will continue to be processed as normal.